How To Pick The Right Oil For Your Low Porosity Hair?
Hair porosity is one of the pre-determining factors which gives you a glimpse of your daily hair regime. It also influences the criterion of your chosen hair products as per the component providing moisture to your hair.
A large percentage of the female population suffers from the problem of low hair porosity. This means that your hair is not able to absorb moisture even after trying plentiful ideas and remains dry.
You may have tried a moisturizing therapy, a deep conditioning treatment, or a home remedy for the same, but all failed.
It’s time to switch to a purely organic hair growth oil which can deeply nourish your scalp and create wonders.
The novel Orgatre organic hair growth oil has magical ingredients – a unique combination of five essential vitamins viz. Vit E, Vit A, Vit F, Vit K, and Vit D as well as five organic essential oils namely Ginger Oil, Bhringraj Oil, Turmeric Oil, Thyme Oil, and Moroccan Argan Oil.
It sometimes becomes difficult to calculate the amount of porosity present in your hair. Thus, if your hair is absorbing a lot of moisture or is too dry, you may be facing scalp infections like a flaky-itchy scalp, redness or inflammation, hair shedding, hair thinning, and weakening of the hair roots. And you should consult your dermatologist before it’s too late.
- If your hair is facing the problem of low porosity, it means the cuticular layer of your hair lining is quite flat and is firmly drawn too close for hair protection. Thus, the seepage of water into the hair roots becomes difficult and thus hair lacks moisture leading to a dry scalp. And whenever you notice a scalp build-up and your hair becomes dry and greasy, it’s time to take strict action. You need to apply a low-weighted oil to your hair, which can easily seep into the scalp and provide deeper nourishment.
- And if your hair is highly porous, it means that your hair becomes sticky and strands get tangled together and you are going to face the problem of frizziness. Thus, you need to change your hair oil and shampoo as well. Use a light-textured hair oil along with a hair serum.
Hair Porosity Test
You just have to conduct a very simple test to determine the level of your hair porosity. Hair porosity can be categorized into low porosity, high porosity, and normal porosity.
The test is known as a ‘float test’ and you can easily perform it at home. The stepwise method is as follows:
- Just use a few cleaner hair strands free of any kind of oils, hair serums, or creams for conducting the test.
- Simply dip them in a glass of water at normal room temperature. Keep them as they are for at least 3-5 minutes and observe what happens afterward.
- If you notice that your hair strands didn’t sink and are floating on the surface, it confirms that your hair is less porous.
- And if you observe, that the strands sink instantaneously, it means your hair is highly porous.
- And to your delight, if the sinking range lies in between, you need not worry as your hair exhibits a normal porosity.
The Method of Moisturizing Low Porosity Hair
The essential tips for moisturizing low-porosity hair are as follows:
- Use light-textured hair oil a few hours before you wash your hair. You can also use a thermal heating cap for a small-time span of 30 minutes and then wash your hair afterward thoroughly.
- Those having low-porous hair kind are often a victim of hair buildup due to excessive usage of different products. Thus, a quick solution is using a clarifying shampoo to lessen the chemical-build up.
- You also require deeper hair-conditioning as it can do wonders for low-porous hair and should also be combined with a touch of heat. For the same, you can make use of a thermal heating cap as it will provide an indirect supply of warmth to your hair cuticle. You can also use a hair steamer along with a conditioner or oil, as it will gradually open up your hair cuticle, after that the applied oil will seep deep within and give effective results.
- The conditioners can be quite heavy on your low porous hair kind, so do apply them directly from the bottle. Instead, dilute your conditioner with a small amount of water for a uniform spread on your entire scalp.
- It is advised that you sleep using a satin cap or use a satin-cloth-covered pillowcase.
- Using a greenhouse or baggy method: Once you moisturize your hair, do cover it using a plastic cap or a soft hair turban and leave it as it is overnight. This helps in creating a humid environment for your hair so that maximum moisture can seep in.
- Do not use excessive styling products as they cause a heavy hair-build up and make your hair voluminous.
Once you get a complete understanding of your hair-porosity, you are halfway close to embracing your god-gifted natural hair. The point is that never lose hope if you have low porosity.
Summing up, in the words of Iris Apfel, “If your hair is done properly and you’re wearing good shoes, you can get away with anything.”