Fix Skype Update Failed Error – Fast in10 Minutes
2nd March, 2023 at 10:08 am
Skype Update Failed: Skype is a popular communication tool used in professional communities, that use social media for business purposes.
The tool works on multiple tasks like online calls, messaging, affordable international calling, and instant online meetings.
Its concept connect people from around the world without charging any penny making it the top choice among individual and freelancers.
But sometimes skype updates failed to make it a headache for Windows and Android users.
Today in this article we are going to learn different and easy methods to fix the “Skype update couldn’t be installed” problem in Windows 10 and Android.
How I Do Fix SKYPE Update Failed
Skype update installation failure fixes here:
Solution1: Scan PC through Command Prompt
To find out corrupted files in your system that can play a vital role to fail Skype Update. As well as big threats to other Installed software, SFC scan is useful.
SFC is Microsoft Windows’s own official system utility that scans and recovers corrupted system files.
- Press the Window +R key to open the Run dialog box, type cmd or command prompt here, and push enter key on the keyboard, alternately it also can open from the start menu.
- click on Yes.
- Right-click on Command/CMD and run as administrator. This will open the command prompt type the SFC command as below in the image
C: WINDOWS\syste32>sfc /scannow
After the process is complete, the system will ask for Reboot. Reboot your computer.
Open Command prompt/Command line again and type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Check Health, and press ENTER key.
It will start Deployment and Image Service (DISM) to recover corrupted files if any skip by the SFC test. Restart your system and reinstall Skype, it will solve the Skype error. If the problem persists go to the next fix.
Solution 2: Installing Skype Manually to Solve Error Skype Update Failed
However, if you would like to use Skype perfectly, you can install the latest Skype updates manually by following these instructions:
- Go to the Control panel, Click on Uninstaller Program, or Use a combination of the Window flag keys to open the Run or launch box. Type “appwiz.CPL” (without double cotes) in the search box and press Enter.
- The “Programs and Features” menu will open on your computer screen. Here all installed software or programs show in the list form.
- Search for Skype, if you find out it, click right-click Skype and select Uninstall, it will lead to Uninstaller. Follow the given instructions, and it will uninstall Skype from your computer.
- Restart the computer to Uninstall it completely.
- Open your web browser and type the address of Microsoft’s official website for getting the Skype updated version. Install the files of the latest version of Skype, and then restart your system once again.
- Repeat the Combination of Windows key + R, type wuapp, and press enter key. Windows Update component window opens on your screen.
- Carefully run a check to see if any new updates are available. If your installation process is completed without any interruptions’ there are no errors code or error messages that will bother you. And Congratulation you did it.
What is Skype Update Failed Error?
Recently several Skype users report errors in the application updating process. Actually, users get the message “Current version will no longer be supported”.
When you upload Skype installed on your computer or mobile “Skype update that failed to install” Skype error show.
Even SKYPE auto-update feature fails with the error message “Download of the Skype Update Failed” flashing on the screen.
As-well-as Manually UPDATE button doesn’t work and it makes the situation more critical and frustrating.
Common Cause of Skype’s failure to install the update
These are the general reason you face this Skype Error:
Devices’ damaged or corrupted files can be the reason for the error code in the Skype failure to install the update.
If your PC stops working during updates, the installation will fail defiantly. In a similar case outlook users face an error [pii_email_21c137e6a0408e619c6c] because of damaged files.
Installing Antivirus also can be the cause of the Skype Update Problem.
Actually, Sometimes Antivirus scans and treats the major files related to Windows Update as dangerous for the device and quarantines these files, and AV this action lead to “Skype update failure”.
The Skype update failed error can occur due to a variety of reasons, including issues with your internet connection, insufficient disk space, corrupted system files, or conflicts with other software on your computer.
If your Skype is not updating, it could be due to issues with your internet connection, corrupted system files, or outdated software. Try restarting your computer or updating your operating system and then try updating Skype again.
To update Skype manually, go to the Skype download page and download the latest version of Skype. Once the download is complete, open the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version of Skype on your computer.
To check your Skype version, open Skype and click on the three-dot menu icon in the top left corner. From the menu, select “Help” and then “About Skype.” The version number should be listed on the screen that appears.
Conclusion – Skype Update Failed
By following trandingserve’s these proven methods about how to fix installing Skype updates failed.
During the installation process disable Antivirus temporarily, as well as your internet connection stays able.
Else, here you may face Skype Error during the Skype update installation.