Skype update failed-Fix taken time: 10 Minutes
Skype update failed cause, fix & conclusion
Skype is the popular communication tool use in professional community, who use social media for business purpose.
The tool works on multiple tasks like online calls, messaging, affordable international calling and instant online meetings.
It’s concept connect people from the world without charge any penny makes it top choice among the individual and freelancers.
But sometimes skype update failed make it headache for Windows and Android user.
Today in this article we are going to learn different and easy methods to fix “Skype update couldn’t be installed” problem in Windows 10 and Android.
How I do fix SKYPE update failed
Skype update installation failure fixes here:
Solution1: Scan PC through Command Prompt
To find out corrupted files in your system that can play vital role to fail Skype Update. As-well-as big threats to other Installed software, SFC scan is useful.
SFC is Microsoft Windows’s own official system utility that scan and recover corrupted system files.
- Press Window +R key to open Run dialog box, type cmd or command prompt here and push enter key on keyboard, alternately it also can open from start menu.
- click on Yes.
- Right-click on Command/CMD and run as Administration. This will open command prompt type SFC command as below in image
C: WINDOWS\syste32>sfc /scannow
After process complete, system will ask for Reboot. Reboot your computer.
Open Command prompt/Command line again and type:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Check health, and press ENTER key.
It will start Deployment and Image Service (DISM) for recover corrupted files if any skip by SFC test.
Restart your system and reinstall Skype, it will solve the Skype error. If the problem persists go to the next fix.
Solution 2: Install Skype Manually
However, if you would like to use Skype perfectly, you can install the latest Skype updates manually by follow these instructions:
- Go to Control panel, Click on Uninstaller Program or Use combination of Window flag key to open Run or launch box. Type “appwiz.CPL” (without double cotes) in search box and press Enter.
- “Programs and Features” menu will open on your computer screen. Here all installed software or programs show in the list form.
- Search for Skype, if you find out it, click right-click Skype and select Uninstall, it will lead to Uninstaller. Follow the giving instructions, and it will uninstall Skype from your computer.
- Restart the computer for Uninstall completely.
- Open your web browser and type the address of Microsoft official website for getting the Skype updated version. Install the files of the latest version of Skype, and then restart your system once again.
- Repeat the Combination of Windows key + R, type wuapp and press enter key. Windows Update component window open on your screen.
- Carefully run a check to see if any new updates available. If your installation process completed without any interruptions’ here no any errors code or error message will bother you. And Congratulation you did it.
What is Skype Update Failed Error?
Recently several Skype users report error in application updating process. Actually, users get the message “Current version will no longer be supported”.
When you upload Skype installed in your computer or mobile “Skype update that failed to install” Skype error show.
Even SKYPE auto-update feature fail with the error message “Download of the Skype Update Failed” flash on screen.
As-well-as Manually UPDATE button doesn’t work and it makes situation more critical and frustrated.
Common Cause of Skype failed to install update
These are the general reason of you face this Skype Error:
Devices damaged or corrupted files can be the reason of error code in the Skype failed to install update.
If your PC stops working during updates, installation will fail defiantly. in similar case outlook user facing error [pii_email_21c137e6a0408e619c6c] because of damaged files.
Installed Antivirus also can be the cause of Skype Update Problem.
Actually, Sometimes Antivirus scans and treats the major files related to Windows Update as dangerous for device and quarantines these files, and AV this action lead to “Skype update failure”.
Conclusion about Skype Update Failed
By following trandingserve’s these proven methods about how to fix installing Skype updates failed.
During the installation process disable Antivirus temporarily, as well as your internet connection stay able.
Else, here you may face Skype Error during the Skype update installation.