Must-Know Travel Guidelines for Costa Rica
Recently updated on March 28th, 2023 at 07:45 am
Costa Rica is a warm and welcoming country that is a dream for beachgoers and nature enthusiasts. Nature, cuisine, and local experiences here are unparalleled anywhere else in the United States; as a result, it should be on the itinerary of every traveller who has ever yearned to escape the noise and pollution of the city for a taste of simpler times.
If you’re a nature lover or an adventure junkie, Costa Rica is a paradise waiting to be explored, but you’ll want to keep in mind the travel advice provided and the best time to visit Costa Rica so you can make the most of your time there.
Having a relaxing and enjoyable trip in Costa Rica is within your reach if you only remember a few of these essential tips. What follows is essential reading before you visit Costa Rica. Put them into practice, and you and your loved ones are guaranteed a wonderful vacation.
Don’t Throw Trash On The Ground.
The people and government of Costa Rica are dedicated to maintaining the country’s natural beauty and rich biodiversity, making it a haven for eco-tourists.
Because of this, even mom-and-pop restaurants have switched to biodegradable straws and paper bags instead of Styrofoam containers for takeout orders. Among its many impressive environmental achievements is the goal of becoming the world’s first carbon-neutral nation by 2025.
Have you thought about how you may help? When visiting this area, please refrain from trash disposal and the use of plastics.
Is It Way Too Pricey? Know How To Save
Most Costa Rica travel recommendations emphasise that it isn’t a cheap location to visit! Eating at a restaurant implies you’ll be spending 23% more than the cost of the items on the menu because the service fee is 10% and the tax is 13%.
It’s expensive to visit any attraction, from parks and waterfalls to automobile rentals. But if you keep your spending in check, you’ll have plenty of extra cash. Here are some money-saving suggestions for your Costa Rica vacation:
- Use campgrounds and hostels.
- Stick to sodas (quick-service restaurants) instead of fine dining establishments.
- Bypass the overrun tourist traps and explore somewhere unique.
- Visit Costa Rica outside of the busy tourist season.
- Find a place to stay that is not in San Jose. The inside ones will cost more.
- Stop buying bottled water. Refresh yourself with water straight from the tap.
If you want to view a wide variety of Costa Rican wildlife and save money on lodging and transportation, the off-peak monsoon season (May–December) is the best time to visit Costa Rica.
Businesses close down, and the rainy season in Costa Rica begins only in October. Aside from the rainy season, now is a great time to visit Costa Rica because of the low prices, fewer tourists, and beautiful new greenery. Pack appropriately for the expected weather conditions.
Now that you know what to bring to Costa Rica, here is some packing advice to ensure you have all you need to enjoy your time there, regardless of the climate or terrain.
- You’ll be doing a lot of walking in the water, so bring shoes that can withstand the elements.
- Wear sunglasses; the weather will be brighter than you anticipate, even amid the monsoons.
- Do not waste your money on the water at such a store. Carry your own and fill it up with tap water.
- Quick dry towel: It will be a tremendous aid in the rain.
- Umbrella: Of course, you need one!
- Pants that fit loosely – ease of movement is paramount.
- Wear sun protection, and preferably a high-quality brand. Preferably SPF 60 or higher.