Why Using BB Cream Instead Of Foundation Could Be Better For You
In the beauty world, there are countless products to choose from, and it can be hard to know which ones are worth your money.
If you’re looking for a product that does it all, BB cream may be better than foundation.
It is a “blemish balm” or “beauty balm” that combines moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunscreen into one easy-to-use product.
In Australia, the average woman uses approximately 2.6 cosmetic products per day, with the cream becoming increasingly popular. In fact, 1 in 3 women uses bb cream in australia as part of their daily beauty routine.
Here are some interesting facts:
- 74% of Australian women aged 18-24 use it
- 60% of Australian women aged 25-34 use it
- 40% of Australian women aged 35-44 use it
- The average amount of money spent on bb cream in Australia per year is $48
The Popular Benefits (Cream Vs Foundation)
- It is more natural looking because it contains less pigment.
- It is more hydrating and can help improve dry skin’s appearance.
- It provides broad-spectrum sun protection with an SPF of at least 15.
- It can be used as a primer to help create a smooth base for makeup application.
- It can be used as a concealer to cover blemishes, dark spots, and other imperfections.
- It is available in various shades to match different skin tones.
- It is less likely to irritate because it contains fewer ingredients
How To Choose The Right One For Your Skin Type
There are a lot of factors to consider. But if you narrow it down to skin type, there are still a few things you need to consider. Here’s a quick guide on how to choose the one for your skin type:
If you have oily skin, look for one that’s oil-free and matting. This will help control shine and keep your skin looking matte all day long.
If you have dry skin, look for one that’s hydrating and creamy. This will help nourish your skin and give it the moisture it needs.
If you have sensitive skin, look for one that’s hypoallergenic and free from fragrances or harsh chemicals. This will help prevent irritation and keep your skin comfortable all day.
Now that you know how to choose the right one for your skin type test out a few before settling on one. And always remember to apply sunscreen underneath if you’re going to be spending time outdoors!
How To Apply: An Essential Guide
Like most people, you probably think of foundation when you think of makeup. However, BB-type cream is becoming increasingly popular as a base for makeup because it has many benefits over traditional foundation. Here’s how to apply it so you can get the most out of it:
Start with a clean, moisturized face. Apply a small amount to your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. Use your fingers or a makeup sponge to blend it into your skin, working from the inside out. Be always sure to blend well, so there are no streaks or lines.
Finish by applying concealer to any areas that need extra coverage. Then set your makeup with powder if desired. That’s it! You’re now ready to go about your day with a natural-looking complexion.
Ultimately, your best choice depends on your skin type and preferences. BB-type creams are typically lighter in texture and more sheer, making them less likely to cause blemishes.
Plus, they offer added benefits like hydration, SPF protection, and anti-aging properties.