How To Put On A Wig | Dos and Don’ts for Beginners
You’ll be putting on your wig like a pro in no time, we promise.
You may be ready or have purchased your first lace front wig (don’t know where to start buying a wig, check our buyer’s guide).
Now you are thinking, “How do I put it on?”
Especially women from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom are interested in finding out more about “How To Put On A Wig” since it looks fashionable.
It doesn’t matter! Wearing a wig is not as intuitive as it seems. To make sure your wig is suitable feels comfortable and looks natural, follow our step-by-step wig application guide.
We guarantee that you will wear your wig like an expert soon.
How To Put On A Wig For Beginners
Prepping Your Wig
Place the gloves in the wig and gently shake your wig. Shaking your lace front wig will loosen the wig fibers, adding volume and a “real” appearance to your lace front wig.
Is your wig curly or small? Use your fingers to gently separate the curly hair. If you encounter stubborn curly hair, use a comb to remove them. If your lace front wig is straight, use a wig brush to gently brush it off. The wig brush is specially made for you.
Tips: Never use a regular hairbrush to brush your wig. They are too harsh on wigs and can pull off the wig, damage the wig cap, or cause permanent split ends.
Preparing The Wig
If you are using tape or glue, take special care to ensure that the wig does not stick to the tape or glue. If you have a long wig, tie your hair into a ponytail, if it is short, use a hairpin or hairpin at the back.
If you are using a full lace wig or lace front wig, cut the lace to match your hairline. Consider asking your hair stylist to do this step for you.
You want to make sure that you don’t cut too many wigs, destroying the natural hairline of your wig.
Putting Your Wig On
Now it’s time to put on your wig. Follow these steps, and your wig will slide on smoothly every time. It’s time to put on your wig. Follow these steps, and your wig will slip smoothly every time.
- Grasp the position of the wig label (nape) with both hands. Tilt your head slightly forward.
- Put the wig slightly higher than the eyebrows, and then put on the wig like a shower cap.
- Slowly push the front of the lace front wig back until it stops comfortably below your natural hairline, covering your wig cap, wig glue, or tape. Don’t expose your hair under the wig to expose your identity. Remember, this trick is to make you look like you didn’t wear a wig in the first place!
- Gently grasp the ears on the wig to center it. Put the earlobes on both sides in front of your ears, and don’t cover your ears with a wig.
- When you feel comfortable putting the fake in the middle, tuck your own hair in.
*Instructions About The Lace Front Wig
When using a wig, you still need to place the front of the wig above the eyebrows and then slide it back, but you should avoid bending or folding the wig. Don’t lengthen your lace wig either.
The lace front wig caps will not shrink after you have extended them. When you feel comfortable putting the fake in the middle, tuck your own hair in.